FENDER® SHOWCASES VINTAGE-INSPIRED VINTERA™ SERIES ALONGSIDE ALL-NEW ARTIST SIGNATURE SERIES ELECTRIC GUITAR MODELS AT SUMMER NAMM 2019
Lincoln Brewster, Britt Daniel (Spoon) Signature Guitars Revealed, Added to Fender’s Ever-Growing Artist Signature Series Lineup
HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (July 18, 2019)—Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) today announced the expansion of its acclaimed artist signature electric guitar offerings at Summer NAMM 2019 in Nashville, Tenn. Catering to seasoned players across genres, new additions include the Britt Daniel Signature Telecaster® Thinline and Lincoln Brewster Signature Stratocaster®. These artist signature releases come off the heels of Fender’s introduction of the Vintera Series, an all-new, accessibly priced line of electric guitars and basses delivering an authentic look and feel of the `50s, `60s and `70s.
Fender continues to expand its ever-growing collection of guitars, basses, and amplifiers each year, with the latest additions including the Britt Daniel Signature Telecaster Thinline and Lincoln Brewster Signature Stratocaster, launching in the Fall and Summer of 2019, respectively.
“Spoon is one of the most critically acclaimed rock bands of the last 20 years,” said Justin Norvell, SVP Fender Products. “You hear a song and you know it’s Spoon; and when you hear the guitar parts, you know it’s Britt Daniel playing, which I think is one of the greatest hallmarks of a guitarist – having a unique and identifiable style. Britt had been playing two different guitars, an old American Deluxe and a Fender Custom Shop Nocaster Thinline, and this Artist Signature model is a clever fusing of those two guitars together. We’re also launching a signature model with Lincoln Brewster, who is an amazing guitar player in his own right. He knows what he wants in a guitar and the level of specificity and detail he poured into the process during these three years of development has been incredible. This modernistic Stratocaster is truly designed by a player, for the player.”
These highly collectible Artist Signature models, include:
- BRITT DANIEL SIGNATURE TELECASTER THINLINE – $1,999.00 (Launching September 2019) embodies Daniel’s precision-punk guitar style that has fuelled Spoon to indie-rock superstardom over the course of the band’s 20-plus year career. Stunning in a custom Amarillo Gold lacquer finish, the Britt Daniel Tele Thinline guitar’s lightweight semi-hollow ash body resonates sweetly, while sacrificing none of the Telecaster guitar’s signature steely clarity—thanks to its Fender Custom Shop pickups and an S-1™ switch that allows you to change instantly between series and parallel pickup wiring. The one-piece “Deep C” maple neck shape fits comfortably in the hand and the 9.5”-radius fingerboard and medium-jumbo frets allow for fast playing and choke-free bending. Other features include Fender ClassicGear™ tuning machines, an electro socket output jack and Elite moulded hardshell case.
- LINCOLN BREWSTER SIGNATURE STRATOCASTER — $1,990.99 (Launching August 2019) features an ash body and striking Aztec Gold lacquer finish, the Lincoln Brewster Stratocaster is a true modern classic, combining timeless body contours and a vintage neck shape with updated features like a compound-radius fingerboard, 2-point tremolo with bent-steel saddles and a pop-in arm. A trio of single-coil pickups — two DiMarzio® Area 58™ pickups in the neck and middle positions, and a DiMarzio Area 61™ at the bridge — offer vintage tones with zero hum. The “Soft V” maple neck with nitrocellulose lacquer finish and the maple fingerboard’s 22 medium-jumbo frets are built for speed and comfort. An onboard active boost activated via the push/pull volume control, and custom mid-boost, controlled by the Tone 1 knob, give this guitar extra power and focus for any musical situation. This feature-rich guitar also has classic aesthetic touches like chrome hardware, aged white plastic knobs, a 1-ply Eggshell pickguard and vintage-style locking tuners.
The Vintera Series is a line of vintage-inspired electric guitar and bass models that embody a period-specific vibe, including: the Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Jaguar®, Mustang®, Jazzmaster®, Jazz Bass®, Precision Bass® and Mustang Bass. Each model delivers the authentic look and feel of its era, as well as decade-specific tones from the `50s, `60s and `70s.
“The Vintera Series is really resonating at a time when people are looking for and craving authenticity,” Norvell said. “The series is built for today’s players and music, but also harkens back to a vintage era. These guitars and basses are head and shoulders above the Classic Series they’ve replaced in spec, fit and finish – a testament to how we’re continually raising the bar.”
Fender’s Vintera Series models feature authentic specs from decades past, such as period-correct neck shapes, new pickups with decade-specific tones and a wider breadth of vintage colours, including: Mocha, Fiesta Red, Seafoam Green, Inca Silver, Burgundy Mist and Ice Blue Metallic. For nearly every decade correct model, there’s also a counterpart “modded” version that offers fresh features not available at the time of first release.
To learn more about the Fender Vintera Series, watch the launch video here. To learn more about the Vintera Series including detailed product/spec descriptions, click here. Product images can be accessed here. For a step-by-step breakdown and demo of the Vintera Series, click here.
- Vintera Series `50s Stratocaster – $1,799.00
- Vintera Series `60s Stratocaster – $1,799.00
- Vintera Series `70s Stratocaster – $1,899.00
- Vintera Series `50s Telecaster – $1,799.00
- Vintera Series `60s Telecaster Modified – $1,999.00
- Vintera Series `70s Telecaster Deluxe – $1,799.00
- Vintera Series `70s Telecaster Custom – $1,799.00
- Vintera Series `70s Telecaster Thinline – $2,099.00
- Vintera Series `60s Jazzmaster – $1,999.00
- Vintera Series `60s Jaguar – $2,099.00
- Vintera Series `60s Mustang – $1,799.00
- Vintera Series `50s Precision Bass – $1,799.00
- Vintera Series `60s Jazz Bass – $1,999.00
- Vintera Series `60s Mustang Bass – $1,899.00
- Vintera Series `70s Jazz Bass – $2,099.00
Fender’s new electric guitar and bass offerings will be available at local dealers and on www.Fender.com.
For technical specs, additional information on new Fender products and to find a retail partner near you, visit www.fender.com. Join the conversation on social media by following @Fender.